Thursday, September 6, 2012

GL Quilt - July 2005

appx 45” X 45”




This quilt was made for a baby shower gift. I wish I had a finished picture because I did finish it. I used muted colors and cotton batting and did machine quilting. This quilt was my curse because I machine quilted a great big pucker problem into it before I realized it. Then I got so frustrated I just let it sit for months and months. Finally later I took it out, got out the seam ripper, fixed it as best I could and added binding. I was not happy with my machine quilting, which I did in a natural white so all mistakes in the blocks showed. I was happy to finally pass this on to the new owner after sewing a hand-embroidered label onto it. I am glad I finished it or it would have been sitting there mocking me still! The great part is that every mistake made in quilting is a wonderful learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment