Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bear Hugs - Christmas 2004

appx 55” X 65”




This quilt was made for my little second cousin Caleb to celebrate my love for him and his gentle, happy spirit. It started with the backing, which was very sweet and had bears carrying hearts and little sayings like “I love you beary much” and “Bear hug.” It was my first “stack n whack” style quilt and my first time using triangles. Again, I played it by ear, and for the machine quilting I used a sun design I had seen on a stained glass window which I liked and quilted my version of it in some of the diamonds alternating with quilted swirls. I used black cotton thread to machine-quilt. I added some puffy hearts to the corners for my final touch. Polyester batting, black binding.


Here are some close-ups:






No comments:

Post a Comment