Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blue Dreams - started 2006, finished 2009 

appx 55" X 65"





This one is a traditional look, but has some sparkle in person. The fabric itself is not glittery, but the selection of fabrics and their arrangement together creates a sparkling effect. I also used sparkly decorative thread to quilt around the trapunto areas. I made this with high-quality quilting fabric and threads, and I think I used Hobb's Heirloom 100% cotton batting. This quilt was made with love for my nephew as a gift. The finished quilting is very close together (heirloom style) but still ended up with a nice drape, and I added various trapunto elements and a patterned binding. I am still looking for the finished pics, which I know are hidden somewhere on my computer. I probably worked the hardest on this quilt than any other I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment